Abstracts, Case Report/Series and Technical Booth
The CAS is happy to offer multiple ways for you to get involved in the Annual Meeting (AM). One way that you can ramp up your experience at the AM is to submit an abstract, a Case Report/Series or a Technical Booth. Doing this allows you to share your research in a variety of ways and might also place you in friendly competition with your colleagues.
Top reasons why you should submit an abstract or case report/series, or technical booth:
- Enhance your résumé – accepted abstracts and case report/series are published online in the Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
- Share your research
- Network with colleagues to boost your knowledge, make new connections, and strengthen existing ones!
After submission, all applications will be reviewed and scored by members of the Scientific Affairs Sub-Committee.
Based on the resulting score, abstracts will be selected for one of four presentation types:
- Poster discussions: Invited poster discussions will be asked to give an oral presentation of 5 minutes, followed by 5-minute Q&A.
- Poster presentations: Poster presenters are given a “stand-by time” where they are expected to be present at their poster to answer questions from delegates about their research.
- Resident Competition: Competitors will receive 10 minutes to present, followed by 5-minute Q&A.
- Richard Knill Competition: Competitors will receive 10 minutes to present, followed by 5-minute Q&A.
Accepted case reports/series will be assigned as poster discussions or presentations. Although not eligible for awards/competitions, these submissions are valued by your peers!
CAS members can make a submission to request a technical booth to promote knowledge of a non-commercial product or service. This is a prime opportunity to showcase new advances to Annual Meeting delegates attending the exhibit. Up to two complimentary booths will be awarded.
Thursday, February 20, 2020, 23:59 ET
Applicants informed of acceptance/rejection decision by:
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
Accepted applicants to confirm their intention to present by:
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Presenting authors to register by:
Thursday, April 30, 2020
If you have any questions, please contact:
Phone: 1.888.527.3434 (toll free)/ +1.519.263.6003 (direct)
Submission Guidelines and Conditions
2020 Abstract, Case Report/Series and Technical Booth Submission Guidelines
2020 Competitions and Awards Guidelines