Even though the CAS 2021 Annual Meeting is over, the virtual learning experience continues with our sponsored webinar series.
These industry or topic specific webinars and Talk with Experts are unaccredited, free of charge, but registration is required.
Don’t miss out on this excellent educational opportunity. Check back often for updates.
Optimizing Your Tool-Box With the Video Stylet
Tuesday, Sep 21, 4pm EST
Brought to you by
: Karl Storz
: Dr Ruediger Noppens of London Health Sciences Centre
Recording - https://vimeo.com/611075228/d60a2f4f19
After the webinar the participants:
- Know the technical specifications and cleaning process of the VS
- Can name differences of the VS compared to video laryngoscopy
- Can identify typical airway scenarios in which the video stylet is superior to video laryngoscopy
- Is aware of differences between a flexible intubation endoscope, a rigid intubation stylet and a video stylet
- Knows the limitations of a video stylet for intubation
- Is aware of the learning curve of the device
Planning ahead: When, why and how best to wind down your corporation
Wednesday October 13, 7 pm EST
Brought to you by: MD Financial
Speakers: Patricia Schmeichel (Estate and Trust Advisor, MD Trust) and Chris Warner (Insurance Consultant, MD Insurance)
Register at this link.
Avoid hidden costs and minimize tax by building a detailed estate plan
For many physicians, incorporation is an important financial planning tool to help defer tax, split income and manage savings. However, not every physician considers that the benefits of a corporation can continue beyond practice and retirement. In fact, diligent corporate planning can also help in reaching many of your estate planning goals.
Whether you’re entering the latter half of your career or you’ve already retired, we invite you to join us for a webinar where we will discuss corporate planning strategies that could help you lower taxes and leave more behind for your family.
Strategies we will discuss include dual wills, inter vivos trusts , surplus stripping (aka capital gains stripping), corporate-owned life insurance and philanthropic giving.
Strategies to Reduce the Incidence of Surgical Site Infections: Preventing Hypothermia
October 27, 6 pm EST
Brought to you by: 3M
Speaker: Dr Cassie L. Gabriel, PeaceHealth, Vancouver, WA
Join us for a unique opportunity to learn about strategies for reducing Surgical Site Infections and complications. During this one-hour program, you will gain best practices for setting up your patient for successful discharge.
- Describe the clinical and economic burden of surgical site complications and surgical site infections
- Discuss the importance of pre-, intra-, and postoperative management strategies & best practices to reduce the risk of Surgical Site Infections (SSIs)
- Describe unintended perioperative hypothermia, and illustrate why prewarming is beneficial in helping to prevent unintended perioperative hypothermia
A Current View of Video Laryngoscopy
November 15, 12 pm EST
Brought to you by
: Dr Felipe Urdaneta, University of Florida
After attending the Medtronic Webinar the participants will be able to:
- recognize the advantages of video laryngoscopy vs. direct laryngoscopy
- discuss the clinical advantages of using VL
- describe the cost effectiveness of VL
- decide whether VL is appropriate in their practice for routine use vs. using it only for difficult procedures