The Canadian Anesthesiology Society
is pleased to offer multiple ways for you to get involved in the annual meeting. One way that you can ramp up your experience at the Annual Meeting is to submit an Abstract, a Case Report/ Series or a Technical Booth. Doing this allows you to share your research in a variety of ways and might also place you in friendly competition with your colleagues.
Top reasons why you should submit an abstract or case report/series, or technical booth:
- Enhance your résumé – accepted abstracts and case report/series are published online in the Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
- Share your research. With the Virtual Meeting format, your research will have higher international exposure.
- Network with colleagues to boost your knowledge, make new connections, and strengthen existing ones!
All applications will be reviewed and scored by the Scientific Affairs Committee.
Based on the resulting score, abstracts will be selected for one of four presentation types:
- Resident Competition: Competitors will receive 8 minutes to present live, followed by 3-minute Q&A.
- Richard Knill Competition: Competitors will receive 8 minutes to present live, followed by 3-minute Q&A.
- Electronic poster (ePoster) video presentations: Selected authors will be invited to submit a pre-recorded 5-minute ePoster oral presentation. EPoster presentations will be available to meeting attendees and discussed during dedicated sessions in the virtual meeting.
- Electronic Abstract: Submitted abstracts will be available on-line for to attendees of the meeting.
All participating abstracts will be published online in the Canadian Journal of Anesthesia,
after the conference.
CAS members can make a submission to request a technical booth to promote knowledge of a non-commercial product or service. This is a prime opportunity to showcase new advances to Annual Meeting delegates attending the virtual exhibit hall. Up to two complimentary booths will be awarded.
For complete details on the Call for Abstracts and to submit an Abstract, Case Report or Technical Booth, click on 'Submission Guidelines' below.
For the Competitions and Awards Regulations click on 'Competitions & Awards Regulations' below.