Who we are:
Representatives of all Canadian University Departments of Anesthesia, dedicated to the welfare and development of academic endeavours in Canadian anesthesia.
What we do:
- Develop and promote undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education by Canadian university departments of anesthesia.
- Advise on the training of allied health care personnel as it relates to anesthesia.
- Promote the development of research and scientific progress in anesthesia.
- Represent academic departments of anesthesia and promote their interests within professional or learned societies, advisory boards, councils to government or public service organizations.
- Promote exemplary patient care and advise responsible bodies on matters concerning the standards of academic practice.
- Support the interests of the profession through the objectives of the Canadian Anesthesiologists' Society